Friday, June 17, 2011

My Grandma and Your Grandma...





And then there was Aiko...

After devouring the Lady, it was time to tackle Aiko.  I was immediately drawn to this dog when I saw the flyer for Short Leash Hot Dogs.  One of the dogs we have in the works for the bar includes mango chutney, among other things.  The Aiko features fresh mango chutney, diced jalapenos, red onions, cilantro and mayo.  The suggested meat pairing was the spicy beer dog. 

Even though the Lady had given my stomach a serious punch, I couldn't wait to try the Aiko.  From first bite to last, I enjoyed this dog thoroughly.  The spicy beer dog had just the right amount of heat and was balanced perfectly by the sweet, fresh diced mango.  The cilantro and onions brought another level of fresh flavor.  My only gripe on this dog was that they were a little heavy handed on the mayo.  I honestly could have done without it all together, but I guess it would be a little too light.  Nothing beats the cool refreshing flavor of mango when enjoying what proved to be a very spicy beer dog.  I can honestly say this is the best dog I have had in recent memory, even if it was somewhat punishing to eat after already having had one enormous dog piled with cream cheese and fried pickles.

Rating: 5/5  Hot Dog Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment